- The attachment below is for you to pass along to any of your FSEM students who may be a liberal arts major about a new 1st Generation Student support offering in the CAHSS.
2. Be Advised: Winter Quarter 2021 registration has been moved two weeks later than originally scheduled.
Winter 2021 Registration
- Monday, Nov 2nd
- Academic Advising and Registration Period Begins and Alternate Pins are ready for deletion. All undergraduate students should be advised and cleared to register by Friday, Nov 13th.
- Friday, Nov 13th
- Early Registration for Athletes and Undergraduate Students with early registration as an approved DSP Accommodation
- Monday, Nov 16th
- Priority Registration Begins and Honors/ROTC student registration
- Friday, Nov 20th
- Winter 2021 New Student registration begins
Academic Advising and Pin Deletion
- ALL First- year students should meet with their FSEM mentor to review their schedule and to have their alternate PIN deleted.
- All Undeclared second-year students should meet with a staff academic advisor in the Academic Advising Office for advising and pin deletion. (303-871-2455; email@example.com)
- All declared majors meet with their departmental advisor for advising and pin deletion.
- Business students or those intending to apply for Secondary Admissions to Daniels should attend a group advising sessions and/or meet with a Daniels Undergrad Programs Academic Advisor (303-871-6910, DCBundergrad@du.edu).
- The last day to drop a course without an instructor’s approval via PioneerWeb is Sunday, Oct 25th
- The last day to drop a course with an instructor’s approval on an add/drop form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org is Monday, November 9th . IF students have extenuating circumstances that prevented them from dropping a course by Monday, Nov 9ththen they can submit an academic exception petition to request a late drop. Students should speak with an academic advisor prior to submitting their petition. Students can go online to schedule an appointment or call the front desk staff in the Academic Advising Office to schedule an academic advising meeting, 303-871-2455 Mon- Fri 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. email@example.com
As you may or may not know DU allowed students to defer to a Winter Quarter start because of COVID concerns this fall. We have 26 students who elected to begin their DU career in January 2021 and thus we believe it is extremely important to be able to offer at least one, potentially two, FSEM classes in the Winter Quarter.
If you are interested in teaching your FSEM class again in the Winter Quarter we can offer pay overload and the additional advising stipend as the faculty instructor. Please let me know if you are interested in this opportunity ASAP and I am happy to provide specific details to you. Thank you so much for considering this request!
Monica Kosanovich, PhD
Interim Associate Director, Academic Programs