Due to adjustments for Covid-19, student registration for Winter 2021 has been pushed to the very end of the term (November 9–20). While it may be useful to check in with students on their intentions for winter quarter, course schedules are not currently available, so we cannot review their registration plans at the normal time. We do not yet know when schedules will be published; we will share that date when we have it. Thank you for your flexibility.
This week’s updates are from the Advising Team!
Registration preparation resources
FSEM advisors, please check out these resources and consider sending them to your students! The videos are taken from the new student registration website:
- Preparing for registration video
- Billing agreement
- Checking time ticket
- Confirming the major
- How to register video, part 1 (how to register for classes)
- Navigating the registration area in PioneerWeb
- How to search for courses, find course descriptions, restrictions/pre-reqs,
- How to register, part 2
- How to search for classes by attribute
- Common errors you may encounter
- How to register for linked classes (lecture + lab)
- Creating course plans video
- Guide to the Degree Audit PDF (Registrar’s website)
- Degree Audit for New Students PDF
Faculty Friday Consultations
Tonnett Luedtke, Executive Director of Academic Advising in the Office of Academic Advising, is offering 30-minute faculty advisor consultations to support you with advising questions you may have. Individual consultations will be available multiple Fridays before Registration Week (November 13-20).
October 16, 23, 30 (select the date in order to find time slots)
Staff Advisor Class Visits (new FSEM faculty only)
As you prepare students for Winter registration (now starting November 13 for undergrads), please keep in mind that the Office of Academic Advising is able to visit classes for new FSEM faculty! Submit a request for a class visit here.